And it’s a very early morning from me as I woke up at 5am thanks to a miserable teething baby!
So it’s the week of love – Valentines day is tomorrow and we’ve got love hearts, cut price champagne (yes) and overpriced (boo) flowers being thrust in our faces from every which way!
Love quite simply makes the world go round. It truly is the epicentre for every family. I agree that valentines is often a marketing ploy to encourage us to spend money on things we don’t need (although you find me one woman who doesn’t love to receive flowers on 14 February) but I personally think it’s wonderful to celebrate love!
I am, underneath all the sarcasm and feistiness, a real soppy cow! I’m a big fan of love and expressing it. I tell my friends every day I love them. A true friend from me will always get a “love you” when I hang up the phone with them. And of course I spend half my day telling Josh and Sam how much I love them too!
I’m all for sharing the love with those you’re closest too. I’m not one for PDA’s and over the top public romantic gestures; I would have hated it if Sam had proposed to me in public, but that’s just me. But I do love telling people how much I love them.
As you all know, I am a firm believer that life is too short. I am very much a live for the moment kinda girl. So if you’ve got someone you love in your life tell them; your other half, your children, your Mum, your friends, and if you’re single, brave it and tell that special someone how you’re feeling. You just never know what amazing response you might get…..!
So rather than getting too caught up in the overpriced hype, I encourage you to see this Valentines Day as a perfect reminder of the stress curbing, resilience building power of love in ALL it’s forms! It doesn’t have to just be a half arsed shag on the sofa with your other half, or rolling your eyes at those receiving a dozen red roses at work (because let’s face it, wouldn’t most of us prefer peonies)! So get sharing the love in ways that are far more meaningful:
- Cuddles; cuddles are everything. If someone can give a good hug, I’m theirs! Go on – send me a squidge!
- Celebrate; a colleagues win at work, a friends bargain in the sales, your Mum getting to her target weight in slimming world – share the encouragement and get that good karma flowing
- No more road rage – let someone out of a junction, it feels so good and you will no longer be the twat who doesn’t make eye contact and refuses to let someone out – again, good karma
- Compliments; give them, receive them. Be the girl who shares where you’re cute top from when you’re complimented on it, rather than pretending you’ve no idea where you got it!
- Men, this is one for the Mamas – let us have a lie in. A sure fire guarantee that we’ll put out that evening.
- Send a valentines card. There’s nothing like a little note in the post and this year even Josh has sent a couple to his little lady friends!
- Say thank you!!! If the door is opened for you, when you get your coffee, to the checkout assistant.
- Be there for a friend. Listen, offer a hand if they’re struggling with things at home, take them for coffee if they need half hour away from the kids.
- I’ve already it but say I Love You! I won’t repeat myself over and over, but go for it. And just so you know, I love you lot who take the time to read my posts!
My finally little thought love wise; love yourself. Sometimes we forget to treat ourselves with the love, kindness and respect we have for others. Take some time out to do something just for you this Valentines, you deserve it. For me…. I may have got some Lush bath bombs to enjoy with a long hot soak in the tub! Deserved.
Have a good one everyone
Lots of Love
And squidges (that’s hugs to you normal people)