And Happy November to you all. I love November – cosy socks, hot chocolate, mulled wine, fairy lights, my birthday, evenings on the sofa with blankie, an excuse to wear knee high suede boots, snuggly baggy sweaters; what’s not to love!
We’ve got LOTS going on this month. I love having lots to look forward to. First off, tomorrow is my birthday. The grand old age of 33! Yikes. So what have I learnt in the last year……
- I have a LOT more patience and determination that I realised; I’ve survived a year of breastfeeding, lack of sleep (although God bless him – he slept through the last few nights), and insane hormones. And I’ve got a happy little boy through all this – winning!
- My friends rock; new, old, mummy, non-mummy, my friends have been amazing this year encouraging me every step of the way with being a Mum and with my blog! And that includes my amazing blogger friends too!
- Worrying is like a rocking chair – it gets you nowhere! If I’d realised this when I was 23 I would have stressed a lot less in the last ten years! Worrying is pointless; it encourages stress and anxiety, something I DON’T need. So now I’ve learnt to shift my focus when I start worrying and always look at the bigger picture!
- Keep Going! As you lovely regular readers will know, I’ve had times with my blog where I’ve thought I’m not getting anywhere, and it’s made me feel unmotivated. By focusing on what I want, what I enjoy about my blog, it’s made me realise why I love it and that’s why I’m still at it, going strong!
- Be nice! I know I bleat on about this all the time, but it’s such a simple thing yet so so important! I am a huge believer in karma and since having Josh I’ve been even better at putting myself in other peoples shoes. By being kind, supportive, positive, you get that back at you. Being a bitch is nasty; Smile, Be Gracious, Be Kind, Be Humble.
My other big highlight for November is that I’m off to Blogfest! It will be the first ever blogging conference I’ve gone to and I can’t wait. Having said that I am also pretty nervous. I can’t wait to meet my fellow bloggers and hope I don’t disappoint anyone. And there are some truly inspiring people who will be there including two of my favourite bloggers in the world; Sarah from The Unmumsy Mum and Louise from Sprinkle of Glitter. I am so excited and I know that going and meeting these amazing writers is going to really inspire me.
The reason I am able to go is all thanks to the wonderful Sally from Meet other Mums. I am so grateful for their sponsorship and their belief in me and my blog, and this sponsorship enabling me to attend will push me to do even more with my blog.
Meet other Mums is genius! I adore the concept; Sally created the website with the intention of enabling Mums to link up together and build a social community of like minded Mums, matching you up with Mums who are local to you, or that you have common interests with. Sally words it beautifully on the website:
Motherhood is not a straightforward journey, there are often unexpected twists and turns along the way. MeetOtherMums is here to provide a supportive community for all women throughout their parenting journey, from the earliest stage of making the decision right through to adjusting to an empty nest and everything in between. If you are coping with infertility, about to be a first, second or third time mum, embarking on the adoption journey or dealing with depression or disability, we can help you meet other mums near and far who understand your journey first hand.
I can honestly say I’d be lost without my Mummy friends and to be able make friends via this fantastic website is a godsend. Being a Mum can be such a lonely time in a way; you may feel isolated from your friends who don’t have babies yet, you may feel like you are the only one struggling (you’re not!) but to have something like Meet other Mums at your fingertips is such a rewarding outlet. The website is free to join, easy peasy to use, and will help you find your #mumtribe – what you waiting for get signed up here
My final bit of excitement for November is, you’ve guessed – fashion!! As you already know I love the Autumn and Winter seasons for clothes and there are so many lovely cosy looking clothes for both me and Josh at the moment!
I love a good cosy jumper and cardigan especially slightly oversized ones that you can wrap round you and be extra snuggly.
I also love a bit of slogan lounge wear and treated myself to this prosecco jumper last year!
And of course given how chilly it is, it’s very important I wrap Josh up nice and warm!! I am loving a bit of Zara Baby at the moment; especially their cute winter hats. Thankfully Josh is now happy to have a hat on rather than immediately tearing it off his head so I can’t wait to treat him to this little set:
And I’m sorry but how is anyone supposed to resist this for the festive season:
So this month has lots in store to look forward to and enjoy. Poor Sam – I may well be dragging him shopping. But it’s all about cosy afternoons, snuggled up, enjoying hot chocolate (or red wine) with the family. I can’t wait to let you all know how Blogfest goes and what I get out of it. I think it will be an amazing experience for me, and I can’t wait to meet some of my lovely blogger friends.
Have a lovely November everyone.