Yes ladies that’s right, our day of celebration is fast approaching; Mothers Day. A day to celebrate that we are kicking arse at raising kids, keeping them alive, and not (entirely) losing the plot whilst doing so. Winning, right?!
Of course I already have a list of things I want to hint to the husband that this hard working Mama would like for Mothers Day (let’s be honest my son isn’t going to be the one choosing gifts at this point so for now I’m going to take full advantage of that because in about four years I expect I’ll be given mudpies and worms for my Mothers Day gifts) and these include treats from Lush, Rosie@ Autograph and…. Aldi (bubbly – it’s the best).
But in all seriousness, there are far more important things this little lush would like for Mothers Day
**must point out Bubbly is important; it’s Mummy medicine and a life line when we get to mid week chaos…… I mean Friday’s….!**
- Sleep! I spend half my life moaning that I am tired. I am boring myself now. A lie in till the dizzy heights of 8am should suffice for about three days
- Breakfast in Bed; including bucks fizz – which is ENTIRELY acceptable at any hour on a day of celebration!
- Wine. Specifically Prosecco (champagne if you’re hitting up Aldi – its only a tenner)!
- A massage – an actual one not a half hearted one handed attempt whilst you play CLASH OF FUCKING CLANS (official name I believe) on your phone.
- An hour of silence. Time to ourselves is precious!
- To go for a drive, alone, with the music (specifically One D) blaring out!
- Cheese. Bread. Cake. Cheesecake. All the carbs.
- To not see or hear the washing machine for a whole day!
- To go somewhere that requires me to wear heels! I miss the pinching pain those beauties give me!
- To go to the loo without any company – that includes the cat!
- To not have to deal with the toddler showering me with any bodily fluids!
- And to have a whole day of not having to change any nappies!
But one thing I really want to do is to say thank you.
Now obviously I want some thanks as well, for being a downright awesome Mama with the patience of a saint.
But I want to say thank you to the Mamas showing others that it’s OK if things are a bit shit sometimes. It’s OK to wear leggings 3 days running, it’s OK to swear under your breath, it’s OK to sometimes bribe your tantrum filled child with mini cheddars, it’s OK to have a cry for no other reason than you’re having a day when you’re really really fucked off.
Thank you to my fellow Mamas who’ve said they’ve had enough and can’t take anymore. To the mamas that admit they miss the person they were before baby came along. To the mamas that admit it’s not as easy as they thought it would be. To the Mamas who understand the torture that is sleep deprivation, softplay, and Iggle Piggle. To the mamas who, this Mothers Day, just want to sneak off to the bathroom, pee in peace, run a bath, have a guilt free glass of wine, and a bar of chocolate (that they don’t have to share)!
To the Mamas who deserve a bloody big thank you; just for being Mum and for reminding us that we’re all in this together.
To my Mama – I never respected her enough before I was a Mum myself. Now I am forever grateful for everything she has done for me in my life.
To the Mamas that read my blog, that share the horrors of leaking boobs, toddlers that refuse to nap, and attempting to get your kid to eat anything that isn’t beige! To the Mamas who have become my friends that I couldn’t be without. To all of you who let me share the chaos with you.
Happy Mothers Day! You’re all legends. *sends prosecco*