Todays post is in honour of the fabulously positive Happy Days Linky hosted by the lovely Katy and Sian, you can link up here. I love this linky because you get to look at back at your week and all the things that made you happy, no matter how big or small. So get your smile on and I hope you enjoy our happy list for this week!
- Well, I can’t lie the thing that made me super super super happy this week was finding out I’ve made it to the finals of the 2016 MAD Blog Awards and I get to attend the awards ceremony in September! To find out I’d got to the finals was amazing; I can’t believe my little blog is there amongst some amazing writers. I am so thrilled, grateful and happy and thank you so much if you voted for me in the initial stages. Of course I am now going start nagging you to vote again as you can read all about in my post here
- In honour of making the finals I’ve ordered myself a little treat. It sounds a bit cheesy but I feel really proud of myself. I know it’s a ridiculously long shot of me winning but to have got to the finals, it means so much to me. I’ve had belief in myself and that goes to show what you can achieve when you have faith in yourself.
- This week we started a baby yoga course. I absolutely loved it and it was run by the fabulous Jackie at YogaBubs Josh really enjoyed it and was very well behaved for the first half of the class but then decided his teething was reason enough to have a seriously screaming session, complete with laughter which of course added to my embarrassment! I had to try not to laugh; unbelievable timing on Joshs part as it was towards the end of the session when everyone has a relaxed and quiet lie down with their baby….!!! Not us! I was a bit embarrassed as we were the “new kids” this week. Fingers crossed he behaves next week.
- I’ve had a few little treats in the post arrive this week. The first being my new favourite perfume (although I must say nothing will ever replace V&R Flowerbomb as my absolute favourite – my wedding perfume <3) Fatale by Agent Provocateur. It is absolute gorgeous, quite a sweet scent, and very sexy! But my second, even more exciting parcel was a hamper from oh me oh mama. It’s just what ever Mum needs and deserves and I’ll be doing a more detailed post on what we got over the next couple of days so keep your eyes peeled.
I have such a sweet tooth at the moment. OK , I’ve always had a sweet tooth and it’s just got worse since I had the baby; I blame Josh 😉 But seeing as he’s a healthy and ever growing lad, my eating sweet stuff must surely be helping….. so I will continue, as I have this week with this amazingly yummy Haagen Dazs ice cream. There, that’s a decent justification for eating lots of sweet stuff!
- Finally getting the christening invites done! It’s so exciting having all this organised and I am hoping everyone can make it and share Josh’s special day. We’re having the christening in the same church as were we got married which will be lovely. I often walk there when I’m back visiting our in-laws and take Josh and the dogs to the church to say a prayer. It’s so peaceful and beautiful.
- My training for my 10k is in full swing now! I’m glad I’ve started now so I’ve got lots of time to prepare for the run in August. I always procrastinate before doing a run but then I always feel good once I’ve done it. Elle Woods (yes, Legally Blonde) was right; exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy!
So as you can see we’ve had a lovely week, despite the stupidly cold and unpredicatable weather! It’s been a busy one too so we’re looking forward to a lazy Saturday today.
Have a great weekend everyone xx